Thursday, July 2, 2015

Beauty Blogger Book Club June Review: The Year We Left Home

Beauty Blogger Book Club (BBBC)
Happy July Everyone!!! A new month means it's time for my book club review! For the month of June Heather, from Love To Be Busy, chose the book, The Year We Left Home by Jean Thompson. This book follows the story of an Iowa family from a farming town through a few decades, cities, and  trials and tribulations.

June Pick: The Year We Left Home by Jean Thompson
The synopsis I read for this book had me intrigued... But I must admit, this was a hard read. It took me a long time to really get going, and I just never really got into the book. I found the characters very hard to relate to and annoying, actually. By the end of the book, I just didn't get the point. It didn't feel like there was enough conflict or tension and absolutely no climax. And then it ended! I was like "whaaaaaa?!?!?" 

Next month we will be reading Paper Towns by John Green. Picked by Lisa, from Uncommon Wife Life. I haven't read any of John Green's novels and can't wait to dive into this one! 

July Pick: Paper Towns by John Green
Don't forget to check out what everyone else thought of The Year We Left Home:

Heather at Love To Be Busy
and 

Did you read along with us? What was your reaction?? Let me know!!!
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment