Thursday, July 9, 2015

June One Month, One Palette: Too Faced Natural at Night & Natural Matte

June's One Month, One Palette ~ The Wonky Brow
Okayyyyy, Okayyyyy... I cheated again. I used two palettes this month. But it was soooooo worth it. I planned on using only the Too Faced Natural at Night palette for the month of June. But when the first of the month rolled around and I opened it up, I was like "Uhhhhhh... I need more." And so then what had happened wasssss... It was my birthday and the boyfriend got me a gift card to Ulta. So I purchased the Too Faced Natural Matte palette to use as a companion. #sorrynotsorry.

The Deets:
Both of these palettes retail for $36, however, the Natural at Night (NaN) palette is not available at the moment. I am unsure as to whether they are simply repackaging this into the newer tin case they use (like they have done for some of the other palettes in this range) or if it is simply discontinued. I sincerely hope it isn't the latter. Each palette contains nine shadows. Of those nine, the NaN palette only contains two matte shades. Hence, my "Uhhhhhh... I need more" statement. I like shimmer, but I like balance also. As for the Natural Matte (NM) palette, all I can say is... LOVE. 
The Palette(s):
Too Faced Natural Matte and Natural at Night Palettes
The Shadows:
I used all of these shadows in a combination of looks this month. The formula is great. Soft, blendable, easy to work with. My only complaint formula-wise is shade-specific, the Night Light shade from the NaN palette. It is a beautiful shimmery pink, but it has large chunks of glitter that make this shadow excessively powdery and can create some fall out on the lid. Another great thing about the NaN palette is the colors of the shadows. The only one I didn't care for is the shade Nightcap. Something about that brown just makes me think of poop. I don't know why. But it is a "blah" shade for me. My favorites from this palette were After-hours, Moonstone, and Eclipse. I found all three extremely hard to find dupes for also. In fact the only dupe I found in my collection was for After-hours, which is the shade Taupe Platinum (D-562) from the Makeup Forever Artist Shadow range. My favorites from the NM palette are ALLLLL OF THEM. But if I absolutely have to choose... It's Strapless, Honey Butter, and Chocolate Cookie. Again it was hard for me to find exact dupes of these in my collection. The only one I got close on was Honey Butter which is similar to M.A.C.'s Bamboo
Night Light from Too Faced's Natural at Night Palette
Left: Top- Too Faced After Hours
Bottom- Makeup Forever Taupe Platinum
Right: Top- Too Faced Honey Butter
Bottom- M.A.C. Bamboo
The Conclusion:
I am a fan. I am a fan of Too Faced. And I am a fan of these small palettes they conjure up. I love their eyeshadow formula and the shades they create. I would repurchase both of these palettes in a heartbeat if I needed to (I obviously don't and have enough eyeshadow to last a hundred lifetimes). I really hope they come back out with the NaN palette repackaged. Some of those shades are just beautiful.  As for the NM palette. GO. BUY. IT. NOW.!. Seriously, GO!!! I haven't felt this strongly about an eyeshadow palette since the original Urban Decay Naked palette. This palette is simply matte-perfection. If you have been hesitating about purchasing this, don't, it's worth it. I will continue to use this palette on a daily basis. If I had to choose between this one or the Urban Decay Naked Basics (1 or 2), I'd choose the Too Faced. Hands down. Every time. No questions asked. End rant.
My favorite look I created with these palettes. Plus it's the eyeshadow look I used for my birthday!!!
Have you used either of these palettes? Let me know!!! xoxoxo
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. I love this two palette <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought the Tarte Matte palette. Do I need to buy the Too Faced one also? OMG. Lol!! What about the night palette? So so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Night palette is great but I don't think it's available anymore... However... The Matte palette is a MUST. It's one of the best palettes I've ever bought. I love it. :-D No pressure though. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Omg. I just bought the Tarte Matte palette. Now I want this one too

    ReplyDelete