- An empty spray bottle.
- 70% alcohol.
- Your favorite body spray (I chose Coconut Vanilla body spray from Bath & Body Works- Any scent, from any store will do).
Monday, October 13, 2014
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Yes, yes... It's that time of month again. And for once I'm (relatively) on time!!! I didn't have a ton of empties this month... However, there were eight products I thought warranted a mention, good and bad.
Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle. So this is a product I originally loved, and grew to dislike. Once upon a time, I received a sample size of this in a Birchbox, and I fell in love... with the scent. OMG, sosososososo good. When this is in your hair, you smell like a bakery treat. So I bought the full size. Only to realize that this does absolutely nothing to help my hair (It claims to smooth, moisturize, detangle, protect from heat and UV-rays, minimize frizz, safeguard color, and add shine. Uh, no.). I ended up using this on my boyfriend's daughter as a detangler since she also LOVED the scent. If it wasn't $22 I'd buy it again just for her. But that's a weeee bit pricey for a kid's detangler.
L'oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara. Another love/hate product for me- due to my own error. Honestly, this would've been a favorite mascara... Butttt I accidentally didn't buy the waterproof version (a necessity for my lashes) and so by the end of the day, this mascara was everywhere but on my lashes. The best part about it was the brush. I love the lil' "butterfly" wing to it, it's great at separating my outer lashes which tend to clump together. All in all, I'd try this again... As long as it's WATERPROOF.
Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips. What's great about these is that they can be found everywhere (Walgreens, CVS, Target, Walmart, Ulta...Etc.) and they have a great selection with trendy/animal prints, geometric patterns, and french manicures. And for the price they aren't too bad. But I have two issues with these. 1. They don't last. For me, they chipped very easily and in some instances peeled right off. 2. You can't use a few at a time for accent nails. I mean you can, but then you'd be wasting the rest of them, because once you open the sealed package that they come in they "dry out" and lose their "stick". No bueno. I'll stick with my Jamberry Nail Wraps (review here). They are more expensive, but are worth EVERY PENNY.
Bare Minerals Deep Cleansing Foam. This claims to be a "non-drying" cleanser, but after each use my face always felt a little toooo tight. Considering I have dry skin to begin with, it just didn't work for me. That being said, this stuffed foamed up like a champ. You only need a tiny bit. It'll last you forever. If you like foamy cleansers and don't have dry skin, check this one out.
Blue Diamond Blueberry Almonds. Yummmm... Go find these. Try them. And then let me know how much you love them too (In fact, try the coconut flavor too, while you're at it. Trust me, you WON'T regret it.).
Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin Foundation. This is the second sample I've gotten (and used up) from Sephora. I love this foundation. But it carries a hefty price tag... Cough$61CoughCough. It looks so natural and I know it'll be worth the money, but I need to use up what I already have first... Or at least I need to try to use up what I have first. ;-) #makeupjunkieproblems #thestruggleisreal
|MAC Viva Glam V|
Skyn Iceland Fresh Start Mask. This was an interesting mask. I received it in an Ipsy bag a while back and finally got around to using it. It's a two step mask. Step one, you put the clay in an even layer all over your face. Step two, you place the activating gel on top of the mud and gently massage in circular motions. When the two products combine they start to effervesce and you get a warm, tingly sensation. You leave it on for 10 minutes, rinse, and voilà! Fresh, smooth skin. I truly enjoyed this mask. My one suggestion is to do this before showering so that you can rinse it off easier.
Thanks for journeying through my trash with me once again!!! Let me know if you used any of the products mentioned and what your thoughts were! Until next time...
Monday, September 29, 2014
|Photo taken from www.fresh.com|
*All reviews, opinions, and thoughts are my own. Just because a product does/doesn't work for me, does not mean the same will happen for you.*
Friday, September 26, 2014
2. If you could have an old muscle car which one would you choose? A mustang.
3. Do you curse like a sailor when the camera isn't rolling? Well I don't usually have a camera rolling, but the answer would be the same regardless... Always.
4. If your significant other gave you a 'Hall Pass' who would you use it on? Be honest. Hmmm... My first thought is Channing Tatum (like so many others...) but then I remembered Mark Sloan from Grey's Anatomy... McSteamy. Yummm.
5. What is one thing you do that you hate to admit? I tend to overreact. I hate admitting that, but it's the truth.
6. Do you really brush your teeth in the morning and at night? Be honest. I do NOW, but I didn't brush at night until recently.
7. What is your go-to drink at Starbucks? Venti Iced Coffee with Non-fat milk. And I bring Truvia with me. ;-)
8. Is your current hair color your real hair color? Yup. I haven't died my hair in years... But I'm itching to. I just hate the maintenance that goes with it all...
9. If you could swap bodies with someone, who would it be and why? Jlo. Need I say more?
10. Have you read Fifty Shades of Grey? If so, what did you think? Of course. Are there people left in this world who haven't? Honestly, not a fan. I found so much of the books repetitive. It drove me insane.
11. Do you crack your knuckles? Yes. So bad, I know.
12. Have you accidentally text messaged someone something you were suppose to be sending to your special someone? Yes! But it wasn't anything racy. It was something not so nice. And I sent it to THAT person. OMG. But truth is truth.
13. Have you ever created a fake profile to creep on someone? No! Who would do that?!? I mean really... coughMyBestiecoughcough...
14. Which is your weakness- cookies or pastries? Cookies. Nomnomnomnomnom.
15. What do you love about yourself? Everything. Duh. Just kidding... Probably my sense of humor. I crack myself up.
16. Do you have to match your nail polish to your toe nail polish? No. In fact... I can pretty much guarantee they almost never match.
17. Tell us a few things about you that people would be surprised to know about you. I don't think there is much that would surprise anyone.
18. Heels or flats? Wedges. They give you height without the balancing issues...
19. If you could do anything for one day and money wasn't an option, how would you spend your day? Dream big. I'd shop. A lot.
20. What was the last YouTube video you watched? ItsKeerstin- My Drunk Haul. I love her. She is hilarious.
21. Do you have road rage? Yes.
22. What is your favorite Rock 'n' Roll song? Rock n' Roll?!? Ummmm... Oh! Here I Go Again by Whitesnake (That's Rock n' Roll, right???)
23. Who was your first kiss? Do you still talk to them? A boy named Matt, and occasionally on FB.
24. If you could have one YouTubers closet whose would it be? Marlena from Makeupgeek.
25. If you could have one YouTubers makeup collection, whose would it be? EmilyNoel83 just for the sheer vastness of it.
26. Do you have a nickname? Stevie. Long story short, there are toooo many Stephanie's in this world.
27. What do you think is the best thing about your YouTube channel? The fact that I don't upload! I use it just to watch. I am a voyeur. But not the creepy kind! Wellllll... Maybe a little creepy. Lol.
28. How many cars have you had? What were they? '96 Buick Regal, '01 Honda Civic, another '01 Honda Civic, and now an '09 Honda Accord.
29. What's your favorite pizza? Thin crust with bacon!!!!
Monday, September 22, 2014
|Current #ManiMonday |
Ombre on the Left, Water Marble on the Right (still practicing both, not as easy as they look) done with Essie's Playdate, Boom Boom Room, and Romper Room
Here's a few things I've learned in the last year...
- It's all about the brush. Wether it's eyeshadow or nail polish, it is ALWAYS all about the brush! So try different brands and find one that you are comfortable with. I prefer a flatter, wider brush (Rimmel 60 Seconds is a good example of this) especially because I'm an amateur.
- Not all polish was created equal. And just because it's more expensive, DOESN'T mean it's BETTER. I love Essie... For their color selection. Formulation wise, eh... They kinda suck. My nails will chip within 24 hours. And sometimes you need three coats to reach the optimum level of opacity. THREE... Do you know how long that takes to dry?!?!? I can't. I just can't. Right now, my favorite polish for their formula is Julep. I also like to use nail wraps. I am a fan of Jamberry. They are much more high maintenance and more expensive than the Sally Hansen ones you can get at your local drugstore. BUT, they last a lot longer and are more durable than the drugstore versions.
- Take your time. It's Murphy's Law... If you're in a rush, you're gonna mess up. And always, always, always... Pee before you polish. Not trying to be gross, it's a simple truth. Nothing messes up a fresh manicure like a potty break.
- Just like dogs, the polish can sense your fear. Relax, it's not life and death... So if you do screw it up, just start over.
- You don't have to cover your ENTIRE nail. Start a little bit above the cuticle and away from the nail grooves so that you don't get polish on the skin all around the nail (I still have trouble with this).
- If you do get polish on your skin, use a short eye smudger brush dipped in acetone to remove it. Because these types of brushes are usually shorter and smaller, you can really get into the nail grooves to remove your renegade polish.
- YouTube. There are a bazillion nail tutorials out there. For everyone, even the beginners. I like to watch MissJenFABULOUS. I also like to search Instagram and Pinterest. Everyone is obsessed with nail art right now. Finally, a trend that truly touches my heart...
- Scotch Tape is for more than wrapping paper. You can use tape when doing nail art to get straight lines. Polish your nail. Let it dry (thoroughly). Place a piece of tape on your nail at any angle and polish again. Remove tape, instant nail art. Once you've tried it a couple times you can get a little more fancy... Like making triangles. Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh. ;-)
- Lastly, don't be scared. Have FUN and be creative. What's the worst that can happen?!?
Friday, September 19, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
Short answer: YES.
Longer answer. My favorite day of the month is the day I open my mailbox and see the famous pink bubble mailer in it. It just makes me happy.
Ipsy is a beauty subscription service (formally known as MyGlam) that you sign up for. It costs $10 a month and you receive 5 sample, trial, or full sized products plus a cute lil' cosmetic bag. Every month is different. When you initially sign up, you take a beauty survey so that they can gear the products you receive to your specific likes/dislikes (no worries though if your preferences change, you can retake the short quiz anytime to update it). This isn't a guarantee but it helps. There is a wait list once you've signed up, however, I've been told if you "share" that you've signed up on FB it significantly decrease the amount of time you are on said wait list.
Now I'm not gonna lie... I have not loved the products I've received EVERY single month. It can be hit or miss. But I'd say I'm extremely happy 90% of the time. Even when I don't love the items I've been sent, the value is still worth more than the $10 I've shelled out. Also, it's a great way to learn about or try brands and products I wouldn't normally choose for myself.
Another cool feature Ipsy has going for it is the IpsyPoints system. You can earn points a couple different ways. One, sharing on FB (gives you 5-10 points). Two, reviewing your glambag every month (gives you 10 points for each item you review). Three, when a friend uses your referral link to also sign up for Ipsy (250 points every time). Once you've reached 1000 points you can then redeem for a number of different items. I just redeemed mine for the first time. I chose a cheek/lip stain and mineral bronzer from bellapierre cosmetics that I should receive next month (I am unsure if these items are full sized or not- but since I am going to start a monthly Ipsy blogpost, I'll let you know as soon as I receive them).
So what came in my GlamBag this month, you ask? Take a look...
Cute silver bag with silver studs.
|September Glambag "Street Style"|
Friday, September 12, 2014
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
P.S. The Ipsy link above IS an affiliate link. I do not get paid by Ipsy. This is not a sponsored post. Should you choose to subscribe, I simply earn points. Any questions? Feel free to ask! Thanks!
Friday, August 1, 2014
- Shave and exfoliate THE DAY BEFORE you spray.
- Don't put anything on your skin before going to tan. No lotions, oils, perfume, makeup, nothing. However, you can wear chapstick/lipbalm on your lips to keep them from being tanned.
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothes to the salon. And whatever you are most comfortable with underneath. Bikini, bra and panties, your choice. Girls, if you don't want tan lines- you don't NEED to wear a top. Guys, don't get over excited- bottoms are always required.
- Use a barrier cream. If you don't see one, ask for it. This will help prevent the dreaded "Orange fingers/toes". It happens, so be prepared. The skin on your hands and feet are simply drier than any other parts of your body and will absorb the most color. (You also might want to use a little on your elbows and knees if you are extremely dry.)
- Get your nails/facials/massage/wax/whatever done the day BEFORE (or AFTER your initial shower).
- Ask questions. Don't be scared, if you want to know something, ASK.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY... DON'T decide the day before your big event (Wedding/Prom/Etc.) to get your first spray tan. Try it out a couple weeks before to see how your skin reacts and what customizations you may need or want.
- Don't get wet. Don't sweat. You will have water streaks or spots if you do...
- Wait the 8 hours before showering if you can. Truthfully, I prefer to tan in the evening so that I can just sleep in the solution and shower the next morning.
- Stay Moisturized. The more hydrated you keep your skin, the longer your tan will last.
- Don't exfoliate. This will literally rub your tan right off. Don't do it.
- AVOID the pool. Chlorine will detoriorate your tan quickly. I learned this when the bestie and I went to Aquatica. We walked in, brown biscuits. We walked out, transparent...
- Don't buy all new makeup for your "tanned look". You don't need it, the spray tan actually gives decent coverage, similar to a foundation. It hides your imperfections and evens out your skin tone. Just use a little moisturizer and bronzer and you are good to go. (I usually use a bb cream and my Benefit Hoola bronzer as a face powder)
Friday, July 18, 2014
Who doesn't love a good lip product??? So it is with great pleasure that I bring you today's post... The Lip Product Addict Tag! Diving right in...
Favorite Balm/Treatment... Right now it's the (MALIN+GOETZ) Mojito Lip Balm I received in an Ipsy bag a while back. The scent really does remind me of a mojito (mmmmmmm) which automatically makes this a winner for me. Also, I really feel like this balm moisturizes my lips. I use it every night after I exfoliate my lips and before bed.
Best Eye-Catching Red... Mac's RiRi Woo. Now I know this was a Limited Edition lipstick but I had to include it for this reason: IT LOOKS GOOD ON EVERYONE. Myself and two of my friends have this lipstick (and all three of us have different coloring) and we can all rock this shade, easily. It just looks goooooood. Check out this link from Temptalia if you were unable to get your hands on this lippy when it was released...
Best Luxury & Drugstore... For me, Luxury would have to be ANY lipstick from Bite Beauty. I absolutely love this formula. It's creamy. It's opaque. It has a great shade range. It lasts. And I love the way it feels on my lips, not drying at allllll. Drugstore would be the Revlon Matte Balms, hands down. I don't know how Revlon did it, but these MATTE balm sticks, are BALM-Y. I mean it. They are creamy and do not dry out your lips like most matte lipsticks. My Favorite shade from that line is Elusive. It's just a beautiful natural shade that can be worn everyday, with any look.
Best MAC Lipstick... I cheated. I couldn't pick just one. That is simply impossible. My two favorites are Angel and Pure Zen. They are both lighter, more natural shades. Angel is a light pink shade and is a frost formula. But don't let the frost description fool you, this isn't your grandmother's frosty pink lipstick. It looks beautiful on the lips. Go try it. Pure Zen is described as a rosy-beige nude and is a creamsheen formula. I never hear anyone talking about this color. I fell in love with it when it was released with the Marilyn Monroe collection and am eternally grateful that this color is in the permanent line. I love them both and could not live without either of them. #truestatement
The Most Disappointing... Please don't stake me. YSL's Rouge Voluptè. I don't get it. Yes, the formula is nice. It glides on the lips, it feels good, and it doesn't dry my lips out. But I can say the same for lipsticks that cost half the price. Why should I pay more? Cause it's fancy??? No thanks.
Liner- Yes or No??? Haha. No. Ain't nobody got time for that. (Unless it's a red lip. Otherwise, No.)
Best Gloss... NYX Butter Gloss. Any shade, you pick. I love them. This is literally the ONLY gloss I like and have purchased multiples of. They have decent color payoff, aren't too sticky, and they smell delicious.
Something Extra... More important than ANYTHING else for my lips... Is a lip scrub. I use it every night before bed to keep my lips from flaking (then I put on my mojito lip balm). I'll also use it before wearing a bright or bold lipstick since these tend to accentuate imperfections. LOVE. I make my own using PinkSoFoxy's recipe (get it here!)... It's her version of the Lush Mint Julips lip scrub (which I've also used) only it's better. The sugar she recommends you use is finer, and "scrubs" your lips better. Plus it smells (and tastes) like thin mints. #win.
I'd love to hear your answers to this tag! Leave them in the comments below. Until next time...