Monday, October 13, 2014

DIY: Hand Sanitizer


The very first thing I learned when I started classes last month was that not all hand sanitizers are created equal. In order for a sanitizer to really SANITIZE it needs to contain at least 70% alcohol. Most of them don't. Go check yours, I'll wait....... Why 70%??? Alcohol-based sanitizers with a higher concentration of alcohol have been proven to kill bacteria more effectively. 

So today I'm going to show you what my instructor showed me... How to make your own hand sanitizer. It's so easy, all you need is:
  1. An empty spray bottle. 
  2. 70% alcohol.
  3. Your favorite body spray (I chose Coconut Vanilla body spray from Bath & Body Works- Any scent, from any store will do).
Fill about 2/3 of the bottle with the alcohol. Then fill the rest with the scent of your choosing to mask the odor of the alcohol... VoilĂ ! Instant hand sanitizer, and best of all you will already love the smell... If you have a sensitive nose, you might want to add a little more fragrance. Try it out and see how you like it...

Just remember, sanitizer doesn't clean your hands. So if they are visibly dirty, you might want to use soap and water first. I had to explain that to my son... Boys...

Until next time!!!
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment