Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
P.S. The Ipsy link above IS an affiliate link. I do not get paid by Ipsy. This is not a sponsored post. Should you choose to subscribe, I simply earn points. Any questions? Feel free to ask! Thanks!
Friday, August 1, 2014
- Shave and exfoliate THE DAY BEFORE you spray.
- Don't put anything on your skin before going to tan. No lotions, oils, perfume, makeup, nothing. However, you can wear chapstick/lipbalm on your lips to keep them from being tanned.
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothes to the salon. And whatever you are most comfortable with underneath. Bikini, bra and panties, your choice. Girls, if you don't want tan lines- you don't NEED to wear a top. Guys, don't get over excited- bottoms are always required.
- Use a barrier cream. If you don't see one, ask for it. This will help prevent the dreaded "Orange fingers/toes". It happens, so be prepared. The skin on your hands and feet are simply drier than any other parts of your body and will absorb the most color. (You also might want to use a little on your elbows and knees if you are extremely dry.)
- Get your nails/facials/massage/wax/whatever done the day BEFORE (or AFTER your initial shower).
- Ask questions. Don't be scared, if you want to know something, ASK.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY... DON'T decide the day before your big event (Wedding/Prom/Etc.) to get your first spray tan. Try it out a couple weeks before to see how your skin reacts and what customizations you may need or want.
- Don't get wet. Don't sweat. You will have water streaks or spots if you do...
- Wait the 8 hours before showering if you can. Truthfully, I prefer to tan in the evening so that I can just sleep in the solution and shower the next morning.
- Stay Moisturized. The more hydrated you keep your skin, the longer your tan will last.
- Don't exfoliate. This will literally rub your tan right off. Don't do it.
- AVOID the pool. Chlorine will detoriorate your tan quickly. I learned this when the bestie and I went to Aquatica. We walked in, brown biscuits. We walked out, transparent...
- Don't buy all new makeup for your "tanned look". You don't need it, the spray tan actually gives decent coverage, similar to a foundation. It hides your imperfections and evens out your skin tone. Just use a little moisturizer and bronzer and you are good to go. (I usually use a bb cream and my Benefit Hoola bronzer as a face powder)