Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Trash Talk! The Good, The Bad, and The Mehhhh...

It's that time again!!! And I have decided to refer to my monthly empties post as 'Trash Talk' (as I'm sure you've already read above…) Original, right?!? Lol… But really that's what I'm doing soooooo… That's what I'm calling it.  So let it be written, so let it be done. ;-)  (Anyone catch that reference???)  Enough of the nonsense.  Onto the products/mini-reviews!!!



The Good…

I'm going to start with the Dickinson's Witch Hazel Towlettes.  I am in LOVEEEE with these.  I use these nifty lil' wipes after I exercise, just as an added cleansing step to get the sweat off.  And they are cool and refreshing and moist… saturated. (Moist is just an awkward word.)  Plus they are individually wrapped, so they are great on the go.  I use them daily and these wipes do not dry out my skin.  They do have a strong scent.  You've been warned.  I've gotten used to it and just attribute the scent to the wipes "refreshing-ness". 


Another great traveling product is the Spongeables Travel-Sized Pedi-Scrub Foot-Buffer.  I got this at Ulta with my rewards points a while ago.  And just got around to using it.  Now this is no pumice stone.  BUT for traveling… This is awesome.  It has a sponge-y side and a scrubby side.  The sponge-y side has soap in it, so once you've wet it, it begins to lather.  After you've washed you just flip this lil' sucker over and scrub-a-dub-dub… Voilà!!! Fresh and clean toes!!!  The travel-sized version is good for 5+ uses.  There is a larger version that claims to get 20+ uses.


Bath and Body Works Vanilla Berry Sorbet Pocketbac… GO SMELL IT.  NOW.  'Nuff said.


I got a sample of the L'oreal Youthcode Pore Vanisher.  Love.  Okayyyy… I got two samples.  And I will be purchasing this once I've used up my L'oreal MiracleBlur.  This stuff puts the MiracleBlur to shame.  It doesn't feel oily or greasy and is a skin tone color that blends in flawlessly.  AND it really does blur your pores.  It's very similar to Benefit's Porefessional (which is a FAVORITE of mine)… But you get a lot more for your money with this, than with the Porefessional.  Maybelline Baby Skin? Ha!  That ain't got nothing on this bad boy.  Go get you some…


Ok, last one… Degree MotionSense in Active Clean.  Good stuff.  I recently switched to Degree because I've been using Dove for about 10 years (+/-) and it just stopped working.  All of the sudden.  Out of the blue.  One day, I was fine.  The next, I was stinky.  I really like the scent of this particular deodorant and the slogan is true… "It won't let you down."



The Bad and The Mehhhh…

Completely Bare Bikini Bump Blaster.  This claims to get rid of bumps and ingrown hairs.  I beg to differ.  I believe the only accomplishment this product can attest to is drying out my skin and making it worse.  (TMI ALERT!!!)  And not in an area that anyone wants all dried out and worse… #truestory


Bettina Nail Polish in Marshmallow.  Nope. Nope. Nope.  Try again… This stuff is thick.  And gooey.  Even after using a thinner.  And nail polish remover.  If you see this in your drugstore, keep on walking.


You might have noticed that one of my "empties" is full… Yup. It was THAT bad.  The Dove Stlye + Care Non-Aerosol Hairspray left my hair so crunchy.  And crispy.  And crackly.  Like a potato chip.  I used this once.  Never again. 


Dear, Dear Duo… What happened… One day your fine… The next, HOLY CRAP! WHAT IS THAT SMELL? Why, it's my eyelash glue.  Eww.  I really don't know what happened here.  I don't remember it smelling bad, but all of the sudden it did.  And I mean baaaaaad.  Like, rotten eggs bad.  I'm going to buy a new one just to see if the smell was because it was old, or if it always smells… Because it really does work.  


I don't get all the fuss about the Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment.  Okayyyy… It tingles. But what else does it do?  Nothing that I could see.  I'm glad this was a sample because at $69 for the full size, I'd want to see SOMETHING… I'll keep my money this time around, thank you very much…


Another one I just don't get… the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment… It was nice.  But I wouldn't spend $22.50 on a lip balm that makes me say "Mehhhh…" Don't get me wrong, it moisturizes but so does my Malin+Goetz Mojito Lip Balm.  And my lips still feel moisturized in the morning when I use it at night.  And it lasts longer.  And it's only $12.  AND it's Mojito! IJS…

Last but not least… Simple Revitilizing Eye Roll-On.  Once again… I didn't notice a difference.  Supposedly this product "helps reduce the appearance of puffiness and wakes up tired eyes by instantly cooling and gently massaging the eye area"… Ummm… Huh?  Not for me.  Sure the metal roller felt cool under my eyes for the few seconds I rolled it around there but, uh, that's about it… 


So the search continues for the best and worst in beauty… What did you use up this month?  Anything worth trying??  Or anything completely worthless???  Let me know in the comments!!!  

Oh! and BTW,  Happy April Fool's Day!  Anyone play any good pranks? Until next time… ;-)
post signature

2 comments: