Friday, April 25, 2014

Clarins Skincare Haul!!!

Hey everyone!!! Sorry about the delay between posts… I had a lot going on and took my son to NYC for a few days… (birthday present!)  We had a blast but now it's time to get back to reality.  Mehhhhh… Lol.  Just kidding… But today's post is long overdue. Let's jump in!  
A couple weeks ago, while visiting The Boyfriend, we went to the outlet shops in Orlando.  I loveeeeeee the outlet malls there.  As we were walking around (I was looking for the CCO I've heard so much about) I found a Clarins Factory Outlet!  As it happens, I am on a skincare quest.  And Clarins is one of the brands I've been dying to try out.  So I wandered on in… Now if you follow me on Instagram (@_stephiee_bee_) you may have seen this pic:

Welllll today I'm finally going to let you see what exactly was inside…
First let me explain what I mean by "skincare quest"…  Until recently, I was never into the whole everyday moisturizer/toner/serum/etc thing…  I used a cleanser and that was about it.  But I was starting to notice lines and wrinkles… and the dreaded crow's feet… and also my skin was looking dull and dry.  So I freaked out.  (I was like… OhhhEmmmGeeeI'mgettingoldIhavewrinklesIlooklikeI'm80IneedhelpIneedbotoxIneedacosmeticsurgeonwhatamIgonnadowheredidtheselinescomefromwhendidthishappenwhydowehavetoagewhyareweherewhatisthemeaningoflife?!?!?!?!?!?!?! All in one breath, like a nutcase.)  Then I thought to myself, why don't you just try taking care of your skin like your mother has been telling you to do for YEARSSSS. (Thanks mom. Glad I'm such a good listener. It only took a decade.)  And that's what I've been trying to do.  I have only tried a few different brands so far and they've been okayyyy.  Nothing that's "holy grail" status.  Which brings me to Clarins.  I hear nothing but amazing things about this brand.  And if you watch HerLateNightCravings on YouTube (if you don't then you should! They are so funny and sweet), then you've heard Mendi go on and on and on and on about her Clarins products.  So in an effort to shift blame and not feel guilty about spending habits… I blame this whole purchase on my mother and the girls from HerLateNightCravings.  This one's for you…
I purchased three different sets.
The Skin Smoothers set- $51
(Full sized Multi-Active Day cream and generous sample sizes of the Multi-Active Night Youth Recovery Cream and the Multi-Active Skin Renewal Serum.)
The Cleansing Duo- $21
(Full sized Gentle Foaming Cleanser and a small Toning Lotion- it's not a sample but it's not full sized either.)
The Firming Eye Wonders see- $39
(Full sized Extra Firming Eye Lift Perfecting Serum and samples of the Instant Eye Makeup Remover and Extra Firming Eye Wrinkle Smoothing Cream.)
Originally I only purchased the first two sets… But as we were walking around I kept thinking about the eye set too… So we went back for it.  (And by "we" I mean ME with The Boyfriend grumbling in the background as I dragged him back there against his will.)
So that was everything I purchased.  I am almost done with the Ole Henriksen products I've been using and can't wait to get started on these!!! Have any of you used Clarins?  Thoughts??  Experiences??? Let me know in the comments!  Until next time!!! ;-)
Side note: I did end up finding the CCO… The stuff they had was sooooo much better than my CCO in Fort Lauderdale.  But I didn't purchase anything… YET.
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. You got some great stuff!! No worries, we'll take the blame! Haha!! We're bad influences!! :-)

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, It was so hard to choose! There was so much! I guess I'll just have to go back and get more at some point... lol

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to hear how these go!!

    ReplyDelete