Monday, April 28, 2014

Haters Gon' Hate... A Short Lil' Rant.

The other day I ran across a website that is dedicated to "trashing" YouTube "Beauty Gurus"… Ummmm… Seriously??? WHY?!?!  Do we really have nothing better to do with our time than tear others down???  I just wanted to take a moment today and say a few words about this…
First, I'm not preaching.  I'm not a preacher.  I do not preach.  Or judge.  You do you, I'm gonna do me.  I am not perfect.  I am not a supermodel.  I am an ordinary person.  And I choose to put myself and my thoughts out there by writing this blog.  Does that condemn me to the same ridicule, slander and just plain ugliness that runs rampant on the internet?  Probably.  But here I am…
I am not gonna lie…  I was sucked in.  I started reading all these hateful, hurtful, and spiteful comments and I couldn't stop.  It disgusted and intrigued me at the same time.  I needed popcorn…  Oh the D-R-A-M-A… And then I realized… That's why this exists.  Because we (we = people like me) can't help ourselves and continue to read this garbage JUST BECAUSE.  So I stopped.  
Yes, some people said things that I was thinking in my head… But that's the difference.  I left those thoughts IN MY HEAD.  I didn't feel the need to spread the negativity or be purposefully hurtful and post those same thoughts for the world to read.  
Some people on YouTube may annoy you.  DON'T watch their videos then!  Some bloggers may get on your nerves.  DON'T read their blogs! Most people annoy me in real life, I ignore them!  No seriously, I do.  The point is… It takes a lot for some to put themselves out there and for others to come along, who don't even know them, and say the things they say while hidden behind a computer screen is just… Well there aren't even enough descriptive words.  Grow up.  And like my grandmother always said… "If you can't say anything nice… then STFU"
I know this post isn't about beauty products, but what does it matter what you put on your face if ugliness spills out of your mouth when you open it???  Until next time!!! ;-)
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Amen! What does it benefit them to sit around and talk smack about others? It just perpetuates hate. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me so angry! And it ruined my view of a couple you-tubers who I loved! I think that's what made me angriest... Thanks for stopping by!!! :-)

      Delete