Friday, May 2, 2014

Trash Talk!!! April "Empties"...

It's that time of month again... Time to talk about my garbage.  I feel like I wasn't toooo productive in the empty product department this time around.  I did use up quite a few samples (they accumulate and drive me crayyy, so I made it a point to work through some), but other than that... Not too much.  Nevertheless, here we go...
I've got 5 standouts this month, starting with my favorite:
Shout Wipes- That's right, instant stain remover wipes.  These will forever have a home in my purse/backpack/suitcase/makeup-bag/glove compartment and anywhere else I can hide these lil' bad boys.  And that's because... (1) They are individually wrapped and (2) During a recent trip to visit The Boyfriend, I brought two dress shirts to wear to his company banquet (YES, TWO. I need options.)... While removing said shirts from my vehicle I got lipstick on one of them.  The one I was leaning towards wearing.  (Don't ask me how. I couldn't tell you. Stains are just a part of my existence.  Coffee stains.  Ink stains.  Makeup stains.  Kid stains.  Pet stains.  It's par for the course around here.)  And not just any lipstick.  A bright Fushcia lipstick.  On a sheer white blouse.  FML.  (Enter Shout Wipes.)  The stain was completely removed!  My top was still in perfect condition!  And I happily wore it the next night with no one the wiser as to how much of a klutz I truly am... Can I get a Hallelujah?!
Esmalte Endurecedor Para Unas- No, you haven't gone crazy.  That shit wasn't in english.  And I don't know exactly what it translates to but I can tell you it's a nail hardener.  I used about 75% of this bottle, before it got all goopy on me... So it's time to let it go.  I was recommended this product by multiple people, however, it wasn't until I had my acrylics removed and my nail tech used it on my extremely thin and brittle nails that I was like "hey!!!" And then I went out and bought it.  This stuff definitely helped my nails grow and feel thicker.  That being said, I must warn you... Don't use more than ONE coat.  Your fingers will feel like they are on fire.  And I don't just mean your nails, I mean your entire fingertip.  Also, they recommend using it only ONCE a week.  I know, I know... It all sounds shady BUT it works.  I swear.
That empty little tin you see at the bottom of the picture, that's an eyeshadow... Well it WAS an eyeshadow.  That was the shade Virgin from the Urban Decay Naked palette.  This is the second shadow I have completely used up from this palette.  Urban Decay is my favorite brand when it comes to eyeshadow.  And the Naked palette... Well... It's my favorite palette, by far, hands down.
A couple months ago I told you about my FAVORITE contact solution, ClearCare (don't question me, just go buy it, go use it, go love it... You can thank me later), today I'm telling you about my contacts.  Bioinfinity by CooperVision.  LOVE them.  For me, the most important factor in whether or not I will wear my contact lenses is if I can FEEL them.  If they feel like a steel plate on top of my eyeball, it's not gonna work.  These lenses feel like air.  That's the best way I can describe them.  They are monthlies (you replace them once a month) and they boast that they can be worn continuously for 6 nights/7 days (I cannot confirm this... I won't wear contacts overnight unless it's been a loooooong night.  Like a night that ends the next morning... Or afternoon.  ;-)  By that point I've typically forgotten I have eyeballs, so lenses aren't an issue.)
Lastly... Macadamia Healing Oil Spray.  I got this in a "two-pack" from Target along with the Leave-In Cream (still currently using).  Aside from the scent, which I could do without, I thought this product was great.  It's easy to use (just a few spritzes, comb, voilà!) and it made my hair feel softer and look shinier.  I recommend spraying on damp hair, when I sprayed it on my dry hair I looked like a grease ball.  (I have dry, frizzy hair... So grease ball status is something I usually have to work hard for.)  
The only item that failed me this month was my Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Whiskey.  I usually LOVE my UD eyeliners... For some reason this shade just smudged on me.  It ended up on my cheek bones.  Which is not where eyeliner belongs... And is never a good look.  So into the trash this goes... Sad, but such is life... Alas, there is plenty of fish in the sea, on to the next one!!!
Have you had a different experience with any of these products?  Leave me a comment letting me know! Until next time...
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment