Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sample-Stash Sunday!

Happy Sunday everyone!!! If you saw my last post you may have noticed I used quite a few samples up last month. My opinion on sample packets fluctuates, but mostly I find them annoying. To really get to know if you want to buy an item or not, you need more then a couple days worth of product to decide. Most samples barely last a week, at least that's how it is for me... Still I always end up with a lil' box filled with them and they do at least give a general idea of whether or not something will interest me.  (Mainly, I use them for scent. Yes, scent. The smell of a product is make or break for me. If I can't stand the smell, it's a no-go. Regardless of if it's a miracle in a bottle.) So without further ado, here's some mini-reviews of the sample-sized products I used up last month...

1. Sephora Collection Supreme Body Butter- Meh, it was alright. It moisturized. It smelled decent. I have nothing spectacular nor horrendous to say about this one... 

2. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo- I'm still on the fence with this one. I've only used it as an acne spot treatment. And it think it's just so-so for that.  However, I know some people use it daily (for acne prevention) and apply it to their whole face. I think I'll try that and let you guys know, seeing as how I still have four more packets of this stuff...

3. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer- This is good stuff. Butttttt... It's not my favorite. It's pretty comparable to any other "high-end" silicone primer out there, I just prefer the Benefit Porefessional and even the L'oreal Youthcode Pore Vanisher. I feel they are better at filling in my pores and fine lines, but this one will work in a pinch. 

4. Garnier Clean + Nourishing Cleasnsing Oil- LOVE. Love at first use with this one! I love how it removes eye-makeup. And I love how it smells! (OhEmGeeeee... How it smells! Amazing.) And I love how it can be found at the drugstore. #winning. I will be purchasing this very, VERY, VERY soon.

5. WEI Royal Ming Firming and Hydrating Cream- I had never seen or heard of this brand before but was extremely impressed. This moisturizer felt so hydrating on my dry, parched skin. I really, really liked it. That being said, it's $98 for a 1.7oz jar... Eh, I dunno, that's a little price-y for me. 

6. Algenist Multi-Perfecting Pore Correcter Gel Moisturizer- No. <gasp> That's right, I said no.  This is the first product I've tried from Algenist and I wasn't impressed. For some reason this moisturizer beaded (Is that a word? Oh well, that's all I can think of to describe what it did.) up on my skin. It didn't absorb. Or perfect. Or correct. Or anything. Pass.

7. L'occitane Immortelle Precious Cream- This was ok. I really liked the scent and it moisturized well. And at $60/1.7oz it's a little easier to swallow. (Sorry WEI.)

8. per-fékt Skin Perfecting Gel- Another Ok product. I do think it enhanced the appearance of my skin (which is what it claims to do) but so do a lot of other products. Nothing really stood out to me and made me think "I need this in my life!"
How is your Sample-Stash doing? Used any up lately? Good, Bad?! Let me know!!! Until next time...
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. the Garnier cleansing really help to bright my skin and true smell so good. stephiee you are a good Judge for all this products Im a esthetician for many years . And your skin its always flawless, thanks for this advices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia... But you know the magic of makeup is that my skin only SEEMS flawless!!! Xoxoxo!

      Delete