Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Product Spotlight: Pantene Expert Collection Advanced+ Keratin Repair


Today is a rare day. Seriously, RARE. I am going to recommend a drugstore hair product. THREE drugstore hair products actually, but they are all from the same line and I use them all together. Pick yourselves up off the floor and lets get into it...

I have dry, frizzy, fine hair. Quite the combo, I know. If I allow it to just air dry, I look like a hybrid Medusa-Einstein. No joke. My hair drives me crazy. So it's not often that I find a product I feel like truly CHANGES my hair. It's even less often that, that product is a drugstore product. Alas, it has happened...

I bought a sample set of the Pantene Expert Collection Advanced+ Keratin Repair (what a friggin' mouthful) products when I saw it on clearance for about $5.00 and I had a $3.00 coupon (#score). I figured for $2 bucks, it couldn't hurt. And it hasn't. The set came with the shampoo, conditioner, and the split end fuser.

Now Pantene claims this stuff "repairs two years of damage in two minutes." Ummmm... I don't think I'd agree with that. To me, "repairing" means there is no longer damage. That's not the case. My hair still has it's issues (grrrrrrr) BUT when I use all three items, there is a noticeable difference in how my hair looks, feels, and responds to styling. 

Lately, I've been trying to give my hair a break from all the heat damage, so I haven't been styling it too often. I thought I would try out this set and see what happened. I wasn't expecting much. But after just getting out of the shower (before I even used the split end fuser) I could feel a difference. My hair felt smoother and softer. However, my skepticism remained. I combed my hair, worked some of the split end fuser into my ends, and busted out my Turbie Twist (don't hate). I thought I was hallucinating... After my hair was completely dry, it still felt soft AND was less frizzy (I say less cuz, let's face it, frizz is like the fungi of the hairstyling world-it never goes away completely). 

So then I got curious... How would my hair react when I used this set and just blow-dried it? And what about if I flat-ironed?? I was very impressed both times. When using just the blow-dryer, my hair was smooth, relatively straight, and remarkably less frizzy. I didn't even need to flat-iron. But I still wanted to see those results too, so I did it anyway. My hair felt and looked great. For THREE WHOLE days (mind you, I did use dry shampoo the following mornings just to make sure the roots were clean). I couldn't believe it. I still kind of don't... Every time I do my hair now, I'm still surprised. It's like I keep waiting for it to stop working, like "Ha Ha! Gotcha!" but it doesn't. It just WORKS!

After using it for a few weeks, I got worried. I bought this stuff on clearance... Will I be able to find it in stores?!?!? And you can, for the most part. The shampoo and conditioner are easy to find. I've seen it at Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, and Target. The split end fuser... That's a little harder. I haven't seen it in stores but I did find it online (you can get it here or here or here). I even found some of the small sample size at my local Big Lots. This stuff is worth a shot, I promise.

Have you tried the Pantene Expert Collection Advanced+ Keratin Repair products before? Did they work for you? Let me know! xoxoxo
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment