Monday, September 15, 2014

Is Ipsy Worth it???

Short answer: YES. 
Longer answer. My favorite day of the month is the day I open my mailbox and see the famous pink bubble mailer in it. It just makes me happy. 

Ipsy is a beauty subscription service (formally known as MyGlam) that you sign up for. It costs $10 a month and you receive 5 sample, trial, or full sized products plus a cute lil' cosmetic bag. Every month is different. When you initially sign up, you take a beauty survey so that they can gear the products you receive to your specific likes/dislikes (no worries though if your preferences change, you can retake the short quiz anytime to update it). This isn't a guarantee but it helps. There is a wait list once you've signed up, however, I've been told if you "share" that you've signed up on FB it significantly decrease the amount of time you are on said wait list. 

Now I'm not gonna lie... I have not loved the products I've received EVERY single month. It can be hit or miss. But I'd say I'm extremely happy 90% of the time. Even when I don't love the items I've been sent, the value is still worth more than the $10 I've shelled out. Also, it's a great way to learn about or try brands and products I wouldn't normally choose for myself. 

Another cool feature Ipsy has going for it is the IpsyPoints system. You can earn points a couple different ways. One, sharing on FB (gives you 5-10 points). Two, reviewing your glambag every month (gives you 10 points for each item you review). Three, when a friend uses your referral link to also sign up for Ipsy (250 points every time). Once you've reached 1000 points you can then redeem for a number of different items. I just redeemed mine for the first time. I chose a cheek/lip stain and mineral bronzer from bellapierre cosmetics that I should receive next month (I am unsure if these items are full sized or not- but since I am going to start a monthly Ipsy blogpost, I'll let you know as soon as I receive them).

So what came in my GlamBag this month, you ask? Take a look...

Cute silver bag with silver studs.
September Glambag "Street Style"

Pacifica Nail Color in Red Red Wine (Full size. $9 value)

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Hair Mask (1oz sample size. $4.95 value)

Crown Brush Infinity Eyeshadow/Crease Duet Brush (Full size. $6.99 value)

NYX Hot Singles Eyeshadow in Velvet (Full size. $4.50 value)

Cailyn Air Touch Tinted Lip Gloss in Basic Instinct (Full size. $19 value)

I'm extremely happy with this month's products. The bag is adorable. I love getting nail polish. I'm excited to try the deep conditioner (I've never heard of the brand, but it smells great). I've always wanted to try Crown Brush brushes and this gives me TWO. I love NYX, love their eyeshadows and this is a great neutral shade. The lipgloss is a decent size and color, I just don't love lipgloss. I'll pass this one along... But 4/5 is a solid "A" for me.

Here's a collage of some of my past Ipsy bags, decide for yourself... Is Ipsy worth it???

If you are interested in signing up for Ipsy you can do so here. Like I said previously, this is a referral link and I will receive points if you choose to sign up through it (Disclaimer- I am not sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with Ipsy. I was not paid to write this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own).

Are you an Ipsy subscriber? Is there a better subscription service out there?? Let me know in the comments below! xoxoxo
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment