Monday, July 13, 2015

#ManiMonday: Easy Mustache Nailart

#ManiMonday ~ TheWonkyBrow
Let me start by saying, I am no artist. I am also not a professional nail tech. And I will not be on the next season of the Reality TV Competition Nail'd It. This is a simple nail art tutorial for beginners.
 
So, I am obsessed with mustaches. And while I was in beauty school, I was playing around one day and decided to try and do an accent nail with a mustache. This post is the result.

What you will need...

Mustache Nail Art Supplies
  • Black acrylic paint or nail polish
  • A large and small dotting tool (or you can use a toothpick if you need to)

How to...

  1. Polish your nails and let them dry COMPLETELY. Wait as long as you need to, to be sure your nails are absolutely dry.
  2. Place two dots using the large dotting tool, slightly touching in the center of your nail.
    Step 2.
  3. Place two more dots using the small dotting tool, off to the sides of the larger dots.
    Step 3.
  4. Connect the dots using the small dotting tool with short strokes. There is usually enough paint placed on the nail with the dots to make this work. But you can add a tiny bit more if you need to.
    Step 4.
  5. Apply your top coat. Voilà!

So the reason I suggest using acrylic paint, as opposed to regular nail polish, is thus... If you make a mistake, All you have to do is WASH YOUR HANDS WITH WATER to remove it. It's not the end of the world. And as long as your manicure is completely dry, you could mess up 1,000+ times. It won't matter. Just wash it off and try again. Also, you can use a topcoat over acrylic paint the same way you can with nail polish and that will protect it from washing off once you get it right.

Check out this video to see me practicing...:

Let me know if you try this out! Or if you have another way of making a mustache!!! xoxoxo
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment