Friday, July 31, 2015

BBBC July Book Review: Paper Towns by John Green

BBBC: July Book Review ~ The Wonky Brow
It's the end of the month and that means it's time for my July Beauty Blogger Book Club book review. Lisa, from Uncommon Wife Life, chose our book this month and her choice was Paper Towns by John Green. I was excited to read this novel for three reasons... 1). It has been made into a movie. 2). It was my first John Green novel. And 3). I'm always down for a Young Adult novel. 

July Pick: Paper Towns by John Green
Paper Towns is the story of Quentin Jacobsen (a.k.a. Q), a reserved, band geek (who isn't even in the school band) and his life-long crush and next-door neighbor, Margo Roth Speigelman. Margo disappears the day after taking Q on an all-night adventure filled with payback, vandalism, and breaking and entering. However, she leaves behind clues as to where she has gone and Q is determined to find her. As he follows her clues, he learns a lot about the Margo he thought he knew... But he learns even more about himself.

This was a great book. The way it was written had me engaged from the very beginning. The characters were realistic and relatable. And they were funny. I lol'ed a few times while reading this. (If a book can make me laugh out loud, it's a winner.) Also, the story took place, for the most part, in Orlando, Florida (my city!). But the ending is what I appreciated the most. It didn't feel rushed or unresolved and it left me thinking... I would definitely recommend this novel to anyone. 

Check out what everyone else thought of Paper Towns:
Ashley at If you Give A Girl A Ring
Heather at Love To Be Busy
Lisa at Uncommon Wife Life
Lisa P. at Blush and Back Roads
Michelyn at Brains, Beauty & Basketball 
(Michelyn is on maternity leave and will be back with us soon!!!)

For August, Lisa P. from Blush and Back Roads has chosen the novel, Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline. This one looks good!!! Read along with us!
August Pick: Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
xoxoxo,
post signature

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment