Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June Subscription Services: Ipsy, Birchbox, and BoxyCharm

June 2015 Subscription Box Review: Ipsy, Birchbox, & BoxyCharm

Forgive me but... I've got to be honest. This month was a busy month. And I didn't give all the products in these boxes a chance to test out. And I'm not going to. None of my subscription boxes "wow'ed" me this month. And I'm just going to leave it at that. So this is mainly just a quick recap of what I received and if I will be using it or giving it away.

Ipsy:

$10/month for sample, deluxe, and full size (sometimes) products. Try it out here!

June 2015 Ipsy

Items received:
  • BioRepublic Sheet Masks in Green Tea Detox, Aloe Rescue, and Cucumber Breeze. (Set of 3- $14.95) I usually am not a fan of sheet masks, but I like the way these are cut and cling to your face. I've used the Green Tea Detox mask so far, and I enjoyed it... Which surprised me.
  • J.Cats Liptitude 24/7 Hydrating Lip Stain in LLS115. (Full Size- $5.99) No. Just no. Nothing about this product appeals to me. Passing on.
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. (Deluxe Sample Size- $9 value) Again, not a product I am keeping. I've tried this primer before. It's not my favorite of the silicone based primers I have tried and I have so many others to try out that I'd rather pass this along also...
  • Trèstique Mini Shadow Crayon in Kona Coffee. (Minis are sold in sets of 3 for $32. $10.66 Value) This was Okayyyy. I prefer my Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks which blend much easier. Again, passing this along...
  • NYC Liquid Eyeliner in Black. (Full Size- $2.99) What the F...?!?!  Why the F...?!?! No, Ipsy, just NO. This pissed me off. I like Ipsy because I like trying new and different things. I do not want to receive NYC eyeliner that I can buy at any drugstore or superstore. Grrrrrrr...
Ipsy Total Value: $43.59

Birchbox:

$10/month for sample and deluxe size products. Try it out here!

June 2015 Birchbox
Items received:
Birchbox Total Value: $17.37

BoxyCharm:

$21/month for 4-5 full size and/or 1 deluxe size product (usually $100+ value).

June 2015 BoxyCharm
Items received:
BoxyCharm Total Value: $125.99

Overall... It was a pretty "Blahhh" month in subscription boxes for me. I also received my Walmart Beauty Box. But that was so bad I didn't even have the energy to photograph it. Hopefully next month is better... 
post signature
ncLA Nudes Nail Laquer in Volume IV (BoxyCharm)

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. This is was a great post! I love subscription boxes and have been meaning to try out Ispy and Birchbox for awhile. Even though you weren't too impressed with the month's choices, it definitely seems worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I agree, they are definitely worth $10/month! Plus, you have to keep in mind that some months will just be better than others... As long as you know that going in, you will enjoy it!!!

      Delete