Monday, June 8, 2015

May One Month, One Palette: Lorac Pro

May's One Month, One Palette ~ The Wonky Brow
This month I chose to (FINALLY) use my Lorac Pro palette. I have had this baby for a loooooooong time. And I hadn't touched it. Like at all. So I was really excited to dive into this palette and see what my thoughts were and if it was AS good as so many people swear it is... 

The Deets:
This palette retails for $42 and you can find it at Ulta, Kohl's, and Beauty.com. It contains 16 warm, neutral shadows. 8 are shimmery and 8 are matte. If you are looking for a palette that contains everything you need from a neutral daytime look to a dramatic smoky eye, this is your palette. You won't need much else. 

The Palette:
Lorac Pro Palette

The Shadows:
I used all but two shades in this palette, Black and White. For the matte shades I absolutely LOVE Mauve. I like using this shade in the crease because it's not your typically brown, it's a muted plum with a hint of pink to it. It's different and I like it. (The closest shade in my collection that I could find was MakeupGeek's Unexpected.) The other matte color I used consistently was Cream. Perfect brow bone color. As for the shimmery shades... I love them all. But since we are picking favorites here... I'd have to say Champagne- a great lid color that is similar to Urban Decay's Sin, Pewter- used on the lid and the outer corner, and Garnet- used in the outer corner and above my crease color to warm up a look. Pewter and Garnet are very interesting shades and were tricky for me to find dupes for. In fact, there is nothing in my collection that is similar to Garnet because it's shimmery and has a red-brown undertone. Most of the shadows I have with that type of undertone are matte. And Pewter, I thought I had tons of... But I only found one shade in the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, Mugshot, that was really similar, but it's still not quite the same. Mugshot is a touch lighter and reflects more when the light hits it.
Top to Bottom: Lorac Mauve, Urban Decay Nooner, Makeup Geek Unexpected, MAC Haux
Top to Bottom: Lorac Champagne, Urban Decay Sin, Lorac Garnet
Top: Lorac Pewter
Bottom: Urban Decay Mugshot
The Conclusion:
This is definitely a palette I would recommend to anyone. Whether you are a makeup junkie like me... Or you just want one palette that can be used all the time, for work or a night out. You can create a variety of looks since there is such an assortment of colors. The shadows are soft and buttery and easily blendable. The only cons are that certain shades will kick up a lot of powder when you put your brush in it or they will have some fall out when placed on your eyes and the packaging gets dirty quickly. But like I've told you before, dirty packaging doesn't bother me. It means I'm using the product! As for the fact that some people love these shadows and say they are better than most others... I'd disagree. They are amazing shadows but I still prefer the formula of Urban Decay shadows to Lorac's. But that's just my personal preference!
What do you think??? Let me know!!!
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. That palette looks so freaking sexy, I need it, I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same!!! I have this palette but it's stashed away... you are now tempting me to pull it out and test it out too! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great palette! You totally should!!!

      Delete
  3. This palette is so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete