Thursday, June 4, 2015

Monthly Empties: May 2015 #365DaysOfEmpties

Monthly Empties: May 2015
Guess what today is!?!?!?! The last day of school for the kiddos!!! Guess what else today is!?!?!?! It's my BIRTHDAY! Yep, it's the 11th Anniversary of my 21st Birthday. ;-) But guess what ELSE today is!?!?!?! It's Empties Day!!!!!! Check 'em out below:



  • Product(s) I will miss the most: I really liked the Sephora Nano Lip Liner in Native Nude (#121). But it looks like they reformulated/repackaged these lip liners (and increased the price from $5 to $6) and they no longer carry this shade. Also, the Color Club Nail Polish in London Calling (#131). This shade was a Birchbox exclusive I received the first time I was subscribed to them about two years ago. It's an amazing neon green. But you can only purchase it from the Birchbox shop in a four pack with three other colors, and I'm just not interested.
  • Product(s) I cannot live/survive/breathe without and have already repurchased: The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel (#150). O.M.G. This is one of the MOST refreshingly scented body washes I have ever, I mean EVER, used. I love it. It literally wakes me up in the morning. I have the larger bottle waiting to be used...
  • Product(s) that will eventually be repurchased: Honestly, nothing in this batch sticks out to me. Possibly Benefit's Porefessional (#146)... IF I ever used up all 832 other primer samples I have. Also, the Bath and Body Works Wallflowers (#128-130). Though they really aren't impressing me and I might have to switch to something else once I use up what I have. Any suggestions???
  • Sample(s) that made me want the full size: The Perfectly Posh BFF Best Face Forever Exfoliating Fash Wash, MFEO Mint For Each Other Body Scrub, and The Stripper Detox Body Mud (#151). These samples seriously piqued my interest. The Mint Scrub had such a good scent and was just the right amount of gritty for me. The Stripper Mask, ohhhhh that mask... It tingles. And we aren't talking "GlamGlow" tingle... It's a legit burning sensation. So if you have sensitive skin, skip this, it's not for you. But if you can handle the burn, try this stuff out. My skin felt squeaky clean after using it and I definitely think it helped pull some impurities to the surface. And the Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches (#137). I really enjoyed these. I don't know that they made a difference in brightening my under eye area, but they definitely soothed, softened, moisturized, and refreshed. I really enjoyed these.
  • Product(s) that disappointed me the most: The L'Occitane Amande Supple Skin Oil (#125). Yup, I said it. I do not like L'Occitane. But not because their products aren't good. But because I CANNOT STAND THE WAY THEY SMELL. ErrrrMaaaaGerrrrrd. It's so bad. I can't do it. And the worst part is, everything, I mean EVERYTHING else about this oil was amazing. It absorbed so well into the skin. It didn't leave a greasy residue. It made my skin feel amazingly soft. It was soooooo good. Except I smelled like the granny who still perms her hair, has a house full of moth balls, and always tries to feed you stale cookies. IJS. So disappointing. Also, Essie's Romper Room (#139) One of the worst formulations of Essie polish I have tried. But a great color. Too bad.
  • Product you couldn't pay me to (re)purchase. EVER.: Cotton Balls (#147). Any cotton ball. The fuzz they leave behind makes me angry. Seriously. It's so infuriating when trying to polish your nails and you constantly have to pull little "fuzzies" out of the polish. No More. I refuse.
So that was my May Round Up for you guys. Have you had any similar experiences? Let me know! Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for daily updates on my #365DaysOfEmpties and sooooo much more! Also, don't forget to enter my Giveaway for reaching 500+ followers on IG! Check it out here!
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking for something other than wallflowers too.....Some last, but some lose their scent after a week! I have a lot left to use that I got from their last big sale. Keep me posted what you find! I also feel like I have that shade of the Sephora lip liner just hanging out in my drawer. I will check when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just seem like such a waste! But I also have a bag full that I bought during their last semi-annual sale... Suffice it to say, I am AVOIDING this sale at ALLLLLLLL costs!!!! lol. If I find something that works better, I'll let ya know!

      Delete
  2. I love the format of your empties posts! I love my Scentsy. They have different sizes depending on your space and I love all the scents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather!!! Does Scentsy have plug ins? If they do, I'm gonna have to look into them!!!

      Delete