Saturday, June 20, 2015

Product Spotlight: Adovia Dead Sea Salt Scrub


Product Spotlight: Adovia Dead Sea Salt Scrub
Happy Saturday Everyone!!! As you are reading this I am driving the three hours to SoFlo to drop my son off with my dad for the week. He is super excited. I'm sick of driving... (This is my third trip down in the last week. Long story. Life happens.) 

Today I am going to review a new body scrub I tried. If you follow me on IG, you may know that I am on the hunt for the perfect body scrub. The way I like to use a body scrub is before I shave so that my legs are well exfoliated and I get a closer/better shave. Unfortunately many of the scrubs I've tried have oils in them for a moisturizing effect... Which is nice if you are scrubbing just to scrub, but not if you plan on shaving afterwards. The oils tend to gunk up the razor. 

Enter Adovia Dead Sea Salt Scrub in Ocean Breeze...

I was excited to try out another scrub to see if I had found my "holy grail" yet... But as I opened the package, I realized that this was yet another "oily" scrub that would not work the way I prefer. I still tested it out to see how it compared to others I've used and this is what I found:
Pros:
  • Packaging. This sucker was sealed EXTREMELY well. Which is good because there is an oily, liquidy layer that tends to rise to the top. Nothing leaked out at all. In fact, I had a hard time breaking the plastic seal off to use the scrub!!!
  • Grittiness. Because this is a salt scrub, there is a decent amount of grit for exfoliation, which I like. The grittier, the better... In my opinion. But it also dissolves easily as you use it. 
  • No shower residue. While this scrub does leave an oily residue on the skin, it does not leave an oily residue on my shower flower. BONUS POINTS for that!!! 
  • Made in Israel. I mean, obviously... It is a DEAD SEA SALT SCRUB. Regardless, it's a "pro" for me.
  • Accessibility. You don't even have to leave your house to get your hands on this... Just order from Amazon! (Check it out here!)
Cons:
  • The scent. I am not a fan of the fragrance used in this scrub. There is a hint of "old lady" that hangs around while you use it. I disagree with the label "Ocean Breeze".
  • The oily skin effect. Now this is a con for me, personally. Others may love the fact that this is a moisturizing exfoliator. Especially if you suffer from extremely dry skin and need that added layer of hydration for your skin. It's just not for me. At least not in the shower.
  • Price. When I ordered this, it was $19.00. Right now, however, you can order it from Amazon for $15.95. That's still a pretty pricey scrub for something that isn't a household name...
  • Accessibility. You can't find this in stores, you have to order it online. Which means you can't test it out first.

Overall, I was glad to test this product out. It's a good scrub. And while it didn't quite fit the need I have for a shower exfoliator, I will still be able to use and enjoy this scrub. It will work better for me as a hand scrub, and I'll use it anytime I give myself (or anyone else) a manicure. If you enjoy body scrubs that exfoliate well AND leave your skin feeling nice and hydrated, this one is worth a shot! 
post signature
Here are a few parting images:
Adovia Dead Sea Salt Scrub
Adovia Dead Sea Salt Scrub 
Layer of "Oily Liquid" that rises to the top.

Follow on Bloglovin

***Powered by BrandBacker. I received this product for testing and review purposes. All opinions are honest and my own.***

No comments:

Post a Comment