Monday, May 11, 2015

Tips & Tricks: The Lazy Girl's "Touch Up"

Happy Monday, everyone!!! Today's post is a really quick one inspired by my laziness... Actually, it's more so the fact that I have very little patience... Either way, there are the two staple items I carry in my bag for those moments that require a "touch up", Blotting Sheets and Q-tips. 
I personally do not like to reapply my makeup in the middle of the day (unless it's my lip color, it's just not happening) and I absolutely refuse to carry around an excessive amount of products everywhere I go. I find that these two tools work for me and allow me to fix any makeup mishaps quickly. I also want to mention that I use a setting spray after I apply my makeup to also help prevent the need for "touch ups", but alas, they can still be a necessity. Onto the products...
The blotting or oil absorbing sheet. Whether you buy the fancy kind from brands like Boscia or the generic ones from the drugstore (I have both), they are a lifesaver. There are two main uses I have for the sheets I use...
  1. Blotting after liquid foundation. Once you've applied your foundation and let it settle in, but before you set it with powder, BLOT. It helps to absorb any excess oils in the foundation before you start your day. You'll need less powder to set your foundation and less oily throughout the day! Mind you, I do not have an oily skin type... But my T-Zone does like to shine at times and this helps.
  2. Blotting during the day. This is what most people use their sheets for, to absorb the excess shine the seeps through our makeup during the day. I prefer oil absorbing sheets to carrying around a "touch up" powder because they are easier to transport with out the worry of breaking, they are less bulky, and the don't require other tools like brushes or puffs. 
(Psssssst, you didn't hear TOTALLY HEARD this from me... But a regular old tissue, like kleenex or even toilet paper, work just as good at absorbing oil if you find yourself in a slicky- haha, get it -situation and need to blot asap.)
The Q-tip. What is life without Q-tips??? I mean seriously, there are a million uses for Q-tips. But when I'm out-and-about, they are my makeup eraser. I simply dampen (not soak) an end and use it to fix whatever makeup mess my symptom may be, like runny mascara, smudgy eyeliner, migrating eyeshadow, or creasing concealer. You name it, the Q-tip will fix it. 
Aside from realizing that I'm lazy and have no patience for reapplying makeup (makeup that I painstakingly put on in the morning, taking up time that could have been used to sleep in, might I add), I've found that if I use a product that needs to be constantly monitored and "fixed" while I'm wearing it, it's not something I will continue to use. This also cuts down on the amount of "touch ups" this lazy girl will have for the duration of her makeup wearing day. 
What about you? Do you mind "touching up"? Or do you avoid it like the plague, as I do??? Let me know!!! xoxoxo
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try the blotting after foundation trick! My favorite blotting sheets are the ELF ones - and they're soooo cheap! And I'm a Q-tip aficionado too. But they have to be Q-tips, NOT those generic excuses for cotton swabs! I am like you though - i would rather not pile more powder on, so I just use blotting papers too. Also - the toilet seat cover thingies work as blotting papers too - as long as you're not in a sketchy bathroom! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about toilet seat covers!!!! lol. But yes, you gotta make sure the restroom is sketch-free!!!

      Delete