Thursday, May 7, 2015

April One Month, One Palette: BareMinerals


One Month, One Palette: April 2015
BareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 4.0
This month I did things a little differently... Instead of using a palette with 10+ eyeshadows, I chose to use all four five (I'll explain) of my Bare Minerals Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 quads. I know it's called One Month, One PALETTE... But the ultimate goal is to USE what I have, give different items a chance, and decide if it's worth keeping. And these were demanding their shot. 

The Deets:
These retail for $30 each and you can find them at Ulta, Sephora, and Beauty.com. The first quad I purchased was The Happy Place, thanks to a tutorial I watched on YouTube. And I fell in love with the shadows. My mom had asked me what I was wearing and when I told her she gave me a quad she had and wasn't using,The Dream Sequence. And it was all down hill from there... When I started the project this month I only had four quads. BUTTTT... Ulta had them on sale 1/2 off during their 21 Days of Beauty. So I did the opposite of what reason and logic told me to do, and I bought one more, The Truth. 

The Quads:
BareMinerals Ready Eyeshaow 4.0 (clockwise from top) in The Soundtrack, The Happy Place, The Designer Label,
The Truth, and The Dream Sequence.
BareMinerals Ready Eyeshaow 4.0 (clockwise from top) in The Soundtrack, The Happy Place, The Designer Label,
The Truth, and The Dream Sequence.


The Shadows:
There were a couple shadows that I loved so much they spoke to my soul. Two of which I could not find dupes for in my collections. Not to say they aren't out there, I just don't own them. Shockingly. Those two shades are Romp from The Dream Sequence and Magnetism from The Truth. As for the others that I loved, I was able to find similar shadows in my MAC collection:
Right W/Flash. Left W/out Flash.
Shadows in order:
Remix (BM The Soundtrack)
Goldmine (MAC)
Louder (BM The Soundtrack)
Amber Lights (MAC)
Imagine (BM The Happy Place)
Expensive Pink (MAC)
Euphoria (BM The Happy Place)
Twinks (MAC)
The Conclusion:
These shadows are amazing. They are soft and buttery. They don't kick up a ton of powder, wasting product. They blend amazingly well. They are pigmented. And they last. Even when outdoors, in the hot sun, sweating for hours... My shadow didn't budge. The packaging is slim and portable. You could carry these around in your purse (though you don't need to with how well they perform) without a worry about damaging them. However, they are made of that type of rubbery plastic that tends to attract scratches and smudges. So if you are a stickler for keeping you products looking immaculate, this might bother you. Personally, I like when my products look a little worn... It means I like them AND use them! Other than that I have nothing negative to say about these. I love and recommend them. Go get you some! Xoxoxo.
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I have The Truth and I have been neglecting it. Ima pull it back out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shades in the truth one! Glad to hear they are good quality. I've debated picking one up but didn't know. Adding it to the list!

    ReplyDelete