Friday, March 21, 2014

Nighttime Skincare; Is it toooo much??

My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy I disagree.  (Welllll, most of the time I disagree... but occasionally he might possibly be correct.  We all have our moments.)  What is currently causing the questioning of my sanity, you ask???  Well, it is my nighttime skincare routine.  And quite possibly the simple fact that I have one

Last night The Boyfriend and I were "face-timing" (we live three hours apart at the moment) and  I was mid-routine when he called.  Now, I have no shame, so I still answered.  I mean He might as well witness exactly what he's getting himself into, no?  So as I cleansed, toned, oiled, scrubbed, and moisturized He watched.  And then proceeded to ask the age-old question "You are going to bed, how much stuff are you gonna put on?" Boys.  Smh.  He didn't get it.  A lot can happen in 8hours!  I explained that everything I use has a different purpose.  He still didn't get it.  But I have a hunch that you might 



So the very first thing I do at night is floss my teeth (no flossing rants today... I'll spare you), brush them and then use my lip scrub (DIY recipe from Pink So Foxy) and lip balm. (speaking of which, that Malin+Goetz mojito lip balm is awesome.  I got it in my Ipsy bag.  LOVE it.  Extremely hydrating.) Typically when I'm getting ready to go to bed my makeup has already been removed (Ponds. Hands down, BEST. Especially the ones in the pink package.) because I take it off when I get home from work, BEFORE I get on the treadmill. (I cannot exercise with makeup on.  I don't know how girls do it.  I hate it. It's like I can feel it dripping off my face and it drives me nuts.)  So I like to use the Dickinson's Witch Hazel wipes (which doubles as a toner for me) just to make sure any leftover residue is off my face.  (I don't use the wipes AND a cleanser, I do one or the other and it's usually the wipes because they are quicker and I'm all about a shortcut.  Fret not, I use a cleanser EVERY morning and this seems to be good enough for my skin.  Also, I only use a face scrub once a week, usually before I do a face mask.)  After that I use my oil.  I was trying out a sample of the Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil.  But it was a sample... So I ran out...  And thought I'd give the drugstore Bio-Oil a try and see what happens... It claims to help with aging, dehydrated skin and uneven skin tone.  Next are my Ole Henriksen products (Invigorating Night GelUltimate Lift Eye Gel PMSheer Transformation, and Truth is in the Eyes Vitamin C Eye Peel).  I bought a whole set of minis during the holiday season and have been LOVING them.  I have seen a definite improvement in the look and texture of my skin since using these products.  I must admit though, I don't know that I'd commit to buying them full-size just yet.  I'd like to try out a couple other brands first (CoughClarinsCoughChough).  The very last thing I do is moisturize my elbows with whichever moisturizer is in rotation- right now it's the Hempz Vanilla Plum (Yes, I said elbows.  Mine tend to get very dry and will crack and flake if I don't take care of them and it grosses me out) and take my vitamins.  I take Biotin for my hair, skin and nails, and Vitamin D because I am part-vampire and allergic to the sun.  Also, my doctor told me to.

Now I don't think that's too much... But how about you?  Do you have a nighttime routine?? And does your guy (or girl) give you a hard time about it??? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I strive to one day be like you.... and Bio-oil sounds good for me??? lmk how that goes!

    ReplyDelete