Monday, March 3, 2014

For Better or Worse. An "Empties" tale...

I just emptied my trash onto my floor.  Literally.  And I had quite a bit this month.  So in an effort to save time, conserve energy, and prevent boredom... I'm only going to discuss the products that stood out to me.  For better or worse…

I Do's:


I have two words for you. Clear Care.  I never hear anyone mention this product.  It's like a secret agent you can find in the drugstore.  Mr. Under Cover... That being said, let me begin with the con's for this item… 1. It's a bit high-maintenence and 2. It's pricey.  Now I'll explain why that info is irrelevant… This stuff is AMAZING.  Maybe you didn't understand. A-MAYYYYY-ZINGGG.  If you wear contacts, you should be using this.  Period.  If you find that your eyes are getting dried out, are irritated after wearing your contacts, or get infected often- you NEED this in your life.  What makes this high-maintenence is the fact that this is a hydrogen-peroxide solution.  (DISCLAIMER- DO NOT GET/PUT THIS STUFF DIRECTLY INTO YOUR EYES).  Once you put your lenses into the solution you cannot wear them for six hours.  SIX hours.  Get over it because I promise you, your eyes will thank you.  As for the price, it goes on sale regularly.  And there are always coupons.  Combine the two and stock up.

Ole Henriksen 3-Step Power Peel.  Loved it.  My skin felt amazing afterwards.  I decided to give it a whirl after one of my co-workers told me how much she loved it.  Sephora sells a two-pack, check it out...- http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=OLE%20HENRIKSEN%20Power%20Peel™%20Professional%20Spa%20Grade%20Kit%20%20P375421&skuId=1431956&productId=P375421&_requestid=165521

Dental Floss… But to be specific Oral-B Glide dental floss.  (WARNING!!! Rant ahead!!!) Flossing is important to me for two reasons.  The first (and more "shallow") reason, Fresh Breath.  Nothing is more of a turn-off than the scent of decaying food. Ick.  Second, you only get one set of permanent teeth.  If you don't take care of them, they aren't gonna stick around.  Cavities, root canals, or extractions; that will be your future.  I have always gone to the dentist religiously and my mother was a dental assistant. She would always preach to me about the importance of flossing.  As a child I never had cavities so I thought she was nuts.  Then it caught up with me… I'll never forget when my dentist oh-so nonchalantly said to me "you don't want to floss? That's okay. I'll just see you more often".  That got my attention.  I love my dentist, but that shit gets expensive.  I prefer to see him twice a year.  No more, no less.  Now I'll be completely honest with you… I have not always brushed my teeth twice a day, but I damn sure floss EVERY night before bed.  Now what makes this floss so special, you ask???  It glides.  Duh.  Hence, the name.  But it really does.  If you have tight spaces in-between your teeth, this will be your savior.

Salon Grafix Shaping Hair Spray… Now this caught me by surprise.  I used it because I ran out of my Tres Two and I was expecting it to pale in comparison.  It did not.  It was actually great.

Maybelline the Colossal Volum' Express Cat Eyes… For me the formula was just ok, it was the brush I fell in love with.  It separated my lashes like nothing else I've ever used.  I plan on throwing away the tube and keeping the brush just to use in a lash-clumping emergency.

Last but not least!!! Revlon Lip Butter in Creamsicle. Love. Period. Will re-buy again and again.  We all know the Revlon Lip Butters are great, but this one I love for the color.

I Don'ts:


Simple Eye Makeup Remover. Oh. Em. Gee. I'd rather use a scouring pad.  Or rather, it's LIKE using a scouring pad. No, just NO.

Macadamia Deep Repair Masque… I bought the sample packet to try before splurging on a $30 hair masque.  I'm glad I did.  I was curious because so many people rant and rave about this stuff.  For me, it's just meh.  My hair did feel softer afterwards but that only lasted until I washed it again.  Not for me. I prefer to make my own hair and scalp treatments with natural ingredients.  That way I can customize to suit my needs better.  And it's cheaper.  Win-Win.

It Cosmetics Hello Lashes! Ha. How about Hello 'coon eyes! Or Hello Smudgy Black Mess!  This stuff dripped off my lashes.  Dripped off and landed on my orbital bone.  Plus that little ball-y thing at the end broke off during my very first use. I didn't even try and finish this, toss!

That's all I've got for you from February's trash bin.  Let's see what March has to offer! Xoxoxo...


2 comments:

  1. Clear care clear care clear care... i second, triple, third that.
    Gotta try a Revlon lip butter.. although I just got a lip butter from the body shop with you today that I LUV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no such thing as to many lip butters!!! Silly girl. ;-)

      Delete