Thursday, March 26, 2015

Hello Charmers! ~ March BoxyCharm


Yes, I subscribed to another beauty box. Here's the deal. I love Ipsy. But I still wonder what else is out there... I just wanted to try something different. 

March was my second month receiving BoxyCharm and mine came LATEEEEE. I live outside of Orlando, FL. and BoxyCharm delivers from the Miami, Fl-area. You'd think I'd have mine the next day... Not the case. My estimated delivery date changed from the 16th to the 18th and then ended up being the 23rd. (The box actually shipped on the 12th). For some reason my box went from Miami to Orlando. It was stuck in Orlando for about a week and then appeared in Fort Walton Beach, Fl. (somewhere in the panhandle- I didn't even know people live in the panhandle... KIDDING!) About three days after that, I FINALLY received my box. Now I know that's not BoxyCharm's fault- ahemUSPSahem -But it's still a little frustrating. I had contacted BoxyCharm when my tracking info hadn't been updated for those 5 days and they kindly let me know that they could ship a replacement box for free, ONE time. So keep that in mind, fellow "charmers".

BoxyCharm is a monthly beauty subscription that costs $21 a month but instead of sample sizes, you receive 4-5 full size products and 1 deluxe sample/travel size item.

All that being said... This box was just so-so for me. There was haircare, skincare, nail product, and makeup. Which is a good variety... I'm just not super excited by the actual items. Here's what I got:


Oscar Blandi Hairspray (travel size- $11 retail value)- Meh. I mean I'll use it eventually. I guess. Hairspray just isn't a necessity for me.

Previse Nutrify Skin Type 1-6 Universal Tonic (full size- $48 retail value)- This stuff claims to "hydrate and speed healing while fighting free radical damage and surface irritants." I will try this... But while I will be able to tell if it's hydrating, there's no way for me to really know if it's fighting free radical damage. In either case, I love to try new skincare products...

Ofra Eyeliner in Navy (full size- $13 retail value)- I. Do. Not. Like. This. Period. It does not glide. It is not soft. It is not smooth. And I do not wear navy eyeliner. Ever. #sorrynotsorry

Ofra Eyeliner in Navy
LVX Nail Lacquer in Mynt (full size- $16 retail value)- Now this, I like. I love the color I received. It's very similar to Essie's First Timer (which is an all-time FAV), but a couple shades lighter. It's a good formula. Though it claims to have a gel-like finish which I don't completely agree with, it's still great.
Top Left: LVX Nail Lacquer in Mynt (WITH flash)
Top Right: LVX Nail Lacquer in Mynt (WITHOUT flash)
Bottom: Comparison with Essie's First Timer (on thumb) and LVX's Mynt 
Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint in Charmed (full size- $24 retail value)- This is a decent product, one I've tried before. I'm just not on the Tarte "band wagon". Call me a rebel. Their products just don't wow me. It's a nice shade. It's minty. I'm just meh. Not excited. But not upset either.

Tarte LipSurgence in Charmed
Overall total retail value of $112... For just $21. Not too shabby. I'm not a 100% convinced this box is for me, guess I'll just have to wait and see what I get next month... ;-)

Are you subscribed to BoxyCharm (if not, click here to join!)? What did you get or what do you think? Let me know!!! xoxoxo.
post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I'm still not sure about the Previse Tonic? I just don't notice a huge difference with it yet? It does absorb nice, but just seems like an extra unnecessary step to me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that this is one of those products that needs to be used in conjunction with whatever it was developed with. It's a little strange that they would only send us ONE step from a multi-step system. I still haven't used mine yet, I'm trying to finish up a face oil I got in my Ipsy! But the other thing you need to keep in mind with skincare is that you need to give products a minimum of 30 before looking for results. You'll see changes as the new cells generate and the old ones die off. xoxoxo

      Delete